Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Her name was Rosie....

A few years back I was introduced to a restaurant called "Pho." I would go there occasionally, and would enjoy their coffee almost a year after my introduction (oh what a year wasted!) In any case, my true love/addiction to Pho began last semester after Laura and I became friends and shared fans of the vietnamese restaurant on High St. It seemed once a week we had to go, and I would often skip out early on my 3-5:40pm Thursday class just to get some egg rolls and vermicelli. As the semester went on we introduced a few more friends, and by the beginning of this semester we had a routine and a new addict, Anna.
Sunday evening we decided to all up Starbucks..an exciting plan we all enjoy! So come Monday I sit with Anna around 3:15pm, and her being very aggrevated (in a comedic non-stick-up-butt way) since Katy was not here..although her official home return time was 3:30pm. So we drove to Starbucks, Katy franticly counting change from a plastic bag and moving it to coin purses...since plastic bags are just embarassing. At Starbucks we wait patiently for drinks, although Katy got upset and threw a thermos to the ground in anger for the wait...but I think a quote from an old friend would be well applied here. He spoke about alcohol, but I think caffeine holds the same effect. "It's not the caffinated people you need to worry about on the road, it's people who are trying to get caffinated." At Starbucks, I ask about Phos, and we decide to go and share something. At Phos, we wait and laugh and discuss various items of the day. Evidently Anna likes to sit next to the wall in the booth. I don't remember our conversations..perhaps you'll find those in their blog entries, but I remember listing off the status of males various in manhood age and in jerki-ness. I also remember Anna refering to a guy's maturity and holding her two fists about 4 inches apart, and well visually speaking it was quite funny and quite suggestive....So I said that's similar to a guy saying "she's got a great personality" while refering to the forespoken female's jug-size....laughter is often from the most inappropriate of comments.
Leaving Phos, I ask to go to Sonic. Monday included many depressing things for me, and so my favorite Reese's blast from Sonic seemed a nice way to prepare myself for my 7pm meeting: one I wasn't looking forward to at all......
An interesting thing about Anna at the Sonic drive thru is her pronunciation and urgency in ordering. The last time we had gone she ordered a strawberry/banana smoothie and then at the last second yelled out, "no, make that raspberry/banana." I laughed a great deal, thinking ot the overall effect of this change in the little ear piece of the worker person....but I digress. This night's Sonic drive had a Katy in the back seat, who happened to yell out "no" to the "anymore to order" question, though Anna wanted a Oreo blast.....again, Anna was called to action, with cat-like, well if cat's could order Sonic blasts, reflexes that called on the young worker to make that not one, but two blasts and not just Reese's but Oreo as well. Driving up to the window, it was found to be very necessary to stand up in Anna's bug's sun roof. Katy took on the challenge.

In the end, It is 2:02am and I feel like this is all I can recall. I hope Anna you're happy with the timing of this entry, this one's for you.

1 comment:

Anna said...

This made me laugh a lot.